Failed lock attempt gives misleading error (password method does not support locking )
When failing to lock a user (see plugin issue 5792) the error message tells me locking would be unsupported for the (currently used) password method, while locking seems well supported and only this attempt failed.
Distribution Name and Version
Debian / also present at demo.
1.0.19-1-debian, 1.2 (demo.fusiondirectory)
PHP version used
7.0+49 (Debian Stretch)
Origin of php packages
Steps to Reproduce
- Try to lock a user with a method that is bound to fail (e.g.plugin issue 5792)
- Click ok at the locking error
- See a warning password method XY would not support locking
At step 3: An error message that this locking attempt failed due to an unknown reason
- Followed by a hint to workaround by manually e.g. setting a impossible hash / changing password method to unsupported SASL
- Followed by a link to the issue-tracker perhaps.
Incorrect warning that had me wonder a second why SASL does not support locking out of the sudden while it worked last week : )
Reproduces how often: 100% (5/5)
Verified at a Debian stretch 1.0.19, Debian stretch with packaged 1.2 (OH by the way: Thanks for packaging!) and at demo.fusiondirectory.org