samba plugin not initialsing values in LDAP correctly(?)
I'm getting some strange issues with the Samba plugin.
I had to change at least one (unrelated) value for my admin account to successfully be able to add a workstation. ie. I clicked and applied "The password never expires" and things worked. (Not sure if this was the only value I changed, but this was the last value I changed in between testing each change individually). I had otherwise used the same old steps which I'd always used, but that didn't work this time (ie. "Domain Admins" as primary group, and also members of "Administrators" and "Domain Users".
Possibly the reason is some uninitialised values - I also got some other weird error messages when enabling Samba extensions on the admin account eg. : Cannot find any SID for 'DEFAULT'! Cannot find any RIDBASE for 'DEFAULT'
(from redmine: issue id 2730, created on 2013-09-22, closed on 2015-06-11)